Here is Carl Cafagna's JUNE 2013 Public Gig Schedule:
1. FRIDAY JUNE 7 - 6:30-9:30 p.m.: I'll be playing saxophone with the Johnny Trudell Orchestra at the Mt. Clemens REC BOWL (40 Crocker Blvd. near downtown Mt. Clemens MI). Covered open-air venue with good food & drinks; ideal for listening or dancing. There is a small cover charge which supports the Greater Detroit Jazz Society (which puts on these concerts). 21+; Please call (586)468-7746 for more info.
2. SATURDAY JUNE 8 - 3:00-7:00 p.m.: First leg of a double-header I have this day! I'll be singing & playing saxes & flute with Latin-Jazz group PANA-MO at Brownie's Tiki Bar (24214 Jefferson Ave. in St. Clair Shores MI, on the 'Nautical Mile'). NO COVER and good food & drinks; please call (586)445-8080 for more info.
3. SATURDAY JUNE 8 - 9:00-11:00 p.m.: Second leg of the double-header; I'll be playing sax with the STEWART FRANCKE Band at New Center Park (corner of W. Grand Blvd. & 2nd St., Detroit MI, across from the old GM Building). This is a Great open-air venue, which has a bar and free-standing tables & chairs and it's FREE. There are a limited number of chairs, so it's wise to bring a lawnchair or blanket. Check out Stewart and his great original rock music at www.stewartfrancke.com
4. SUNDAY JUNE 9 - 8:00-10:00 p.m.: I'll be playing saxes with the SCOTT GWINNELL SEXTET at Cliff Bell's (2030 Park Ave Detroit MI, near the Fox & Fillmore Theaters). We'll be featuring music from Scott's Detroit Music Award-winning CD "The Cass Corridor Story" plus more exciting modern jazz with Paul Finkbeiner (trumpet), James Hughes (saxes), Jordan Schug (bass), Scott Kretzer (drums), Scott & ME. $10. Cover; great Music/food/drinks. 21+; Please call (313)961-2543 for more info.
5. WEDNESDAY JUNE 12 - 6:00-9:00 p.m.: I'll be singing and playing saxes & clarinet with my group, the CARL CAFAGNA & FRIENDS JAZZ TRIO at O'Conners Public House (324 Main St., downtown Rochester MI) for a Classic Cocktail Happy Hour. NO Cover and great drink specials; our music is mostly Cabaret-style Jazz ala the 1930's (great old saloon & torch songs!). 21+; Please call (248)608-2537 for more info.
6. SATURDAY JUNE 15 - 1:00-4:00 p.m.: I'll be playing saxes with the BOB MERVAK TRIO at Shield's Pizza (25101 Telegraph Rd., Southfield MI) as part of the monthly Greater Detroit Jazz Society series. There is a small cover charge which supports the Society. Great food, great company and great music! All-Ages; Please call (248)356-2720 for more info.
7. SUNDAY JUNE 16 - 1:00-4:00 p.m.: I'll be singing & playing horns aboard the MICHIGAN PRINCESS RIVERBOAT with the Bayou River Band, for a special Father's Day Brunch. All-Ages; Tickets are available at www.michiganprincess.com
8. SATURDAY JUNE 22 - 10:00 p.m.-midnight +: I'll be playing tenor sax with the DETROIT TENORS at Beggar's Banquet (218 Abbot Rd., East Lansing MI) for the Afterglow Celebration for the SUMMER SOLSTICE JAZZ FESTIVAL. While you're at it, check out the Festival at www.eljazzfest.com ; it's a fantastic annual event, which features local, regional and national jazz talent! 21+; Please call (517)319-6980 for more info.
9. TUESDAY JUNE 25 - 7:00-8:45 p.m.: I'll be playing saxes & woodwinds with the SCOTT GWINNELL DECTET at Scotia Park (corner of Scotia Rd. & Nadine Ave., Huntington Woods MI) as part of a nice family-friendly summer concert series. FREE and All-Ages; bring a lawnchair or blanket. Please call (248)580-2709 for more info.
10. WEDNESDAY JUNE 26 - 6:30 and 8:30 p.m.; DETROIT TENORS at Dirty Dog Jazz Café (97 Kercheval Ave., Grosse Pointe Farms MI); reservations at www.dirtydogjazz.com
11. THURSDAY JUNE 27 - 6:30 and 8:30 p.m.; DETROIT TENORS at Dirty Dog Jazz Café (97 Kercheval Ave., Grosse Pointe Farms MI); reservations at www.dirtydogjazz.com
12. FRIDAY JUNE 28 - 6:30, 8:30 and 10:00 p.m.: DETROIT TENORS at Dirty Dog Jazz Café (97 Kercheval Ave., Grosse Pointe Farms MI); reservations at www.dirtydogjazz.com
13. SATURDAY JUNE 29 - 12:30-2:00 p.m.; I'll be playing saxes with LOOKIN' BACK (a terrific Bob Seeger Tribute Band) at the Detroit Zoo (Huntington Woods MI). FREE and All-Ages; bring a lawnchair or blanket.
14. SATURDAY JUNE 29 - 6:30, 8:30 and 10:00 p.m.; DETROIT TENORS at Dirty Dog Jazz Café (97 Kercheval Ave., Grosse Pointe Farms MI); reservations at www.dirtydogjazz.com
Lots of choices; hope YOU and Yours can find your way to one or more! Please come and say hello!