Here are my public performances for March; hope you can make some of them:
1. TUESDAY, MARCH 4, 6:30 p.m.; I'll be playing horns with the 'SCOTT GWINNELL QUARTET' at Northern Lakes Seafood Restaurant, 5500 Crooks Rd., TROY MI. Come celebrate Fat Tuesday with us; 21+only.
2. FRIDAY, MARCH 7, 6:00 p.m.; I'll be playing soprano sax with my group 'Carl Cafagna & the North Star Saxophone Quartet' at ART HOUSE DETROIT, 59 Alfred St., a 19th-century Victorian-style mansion in Uptown Detroit. Our concert celebrates MARDI-GRAS and will feature French, New Orleans and Jazz. There will also be Crescent City themed refreshments and tours of this unique antique home. Tickets are $35.
3. SUNDAY, MARCH 9, 4:00 p.m.; I'll be singing and playing horns with my band 'CARL CAFAGNA & FRIENDS' Jazz Trio at the REC' BOWL, 40 Crocker Blvd., downtown MT. CLEMENS MI. This event is sponsored by the Greater Detroit Jazz Society; FREE admission and good food/drink in a relaxed atmosphere; My trio features Gary Allen, guitar and Shannon Wade, bass. Call (586)468-7746 for more info.
4. THURSDAY, MARCH 13, 7:00 p.m.; I'll be playing horns with the 'MARGE'S BAR BAND' at historic MARGE'S BAR, 15300 Mack Ave., Grosse Pointe Park MI. FREE admission and good food/drink in a relaxed setting; 21+ only. Band also includes Johnny Trudell and John Hammer.
5. SATURDAY, MARCH 15, 6:30 p.m.; I'll be singing and playing horns with the 'James O'Donnell Trio' at the BLUE POINTE, 17131 E. Warren Ave., DETROIT; 21+only. Call (313)882-3653 for more info.
6. SUNDAY, MARCH 16, 5:00 p.m.; I'll be singing & playing with my band 'CARL CAFAGNA & the CREOLE KITCHEN' as part of the B-Jazz Vespers concert series at First Baptist Church of Birmingham, 300 Willits St., Birmingham MI. Come continue the Mardi-Gras party with us! FREE and ALL-AGES (a Free-will offering is collected, and a brief non-denominational service is held during the event). www.firstbaptistbirmingham.org/B_Jazz.html for more info.
Well there it is; please come say hello if you make it out!