Buckle up, 'cause there's a lot of great gigs this month (JUNE)!:
1. Thursday, June 7: I'm priveledged to share the stage with the legendary JOHNNY MATHIS, at the 'Sound Board' at Motor City Casino, Detroit. Unfortunately, the show was already SOLD OUT before I was even booked to play, but I thought I'd tell you about it anyway; a dream come true!
2. Friday, June 8: I'll be playing sax with STEWART FRANCKE, Detroit's best Rock Singer/Songwriter, at 8:00 p.m., on the Maplewood Concert Series, 78 Kenwood Rd., Grosse Pointe Farms.
3. Wednesday, June 13: Playing horns and Singing, aboard the DETROIT PRINCESS Riverboat, with the 'Bayou River Band' for a Public Lunch Cruise. Boards near Cobo Hall, Detroit, at 11:00 a.m., and back at 2:30 p.m. Tickets are $36. for adults, less for children and seniors, and includes a buffet lunch. Order at www.detroitprincess.com
4. Friday, June 15: Playing horns and Singing, on the DETROIT PRINCESS Riverboat. See above for all details.
5. Friday, June 15: Singing and Playing with 'METRO JAZZ VOICES' at the JAZZIN' ON JEFFERSON Music Festival, at 4:00 p.m. Stage is near the corner of Jefferson Ave. and Chalmers, Detroit, and it's FREE! More info. at www.jazzinonjefferson.com
6. Sunday, June 17: Playing Drums with award-winning vocalist MERI SLAVEN, 9:00 p.m., at CADIEUX CAFE, 4300 Cadieux Rd., Detroit. No Cover, great food/drinks and Feather Bowling!
7. Friday, June 22: Playing sax with the 'DETROIT TENORS', at 4:30 p.m., on the SUMMER SOLSTICE JAZZ FESTIVAL, downtown EAST LANSING (Albert St., near Abbott Rd.); FREE! Features Me, Steve Wood also on tenor, Scott Gwinnell, piano, Pat Prouty, bass and Sean Dobbins, drums.
8. Friday, June 22: Playing and Singing aboard the MICHIGAN PRINCESS Riverboat, on the Grand River, LANSING, for a 'Big Band Dinner' Cruise. Boards at 6:00 p.m. at Grand River Park (off of Lansing Rd., near I-496), and back at 10:00 p.m. Tickets are $40., less for Children, and includes a buffet dinner. Order at www.michiganprincess.com
9. Wednesday, June 27: Playing and Singing aboard the DETROIT PRINCESS Riverboat, with the 'Bayou River Band' for a Lunch Cruise. Please see #3 above for Details.
10. Thursday, June 28: Singing and Playing with 'METRO JAZZ VOICES' at 7:30 p.m. at Heritage Park, CANTON (Heritage Park Dr., near Canton Center Rd.). FREE, bring a chair or blanket!
There it is; hope to see YOU at many this month!
Keep music in your hearts,