CARL here; here's what I'm up to this month. Hope you can make it, especially to #4!
1. SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 1:00 & 3:00 p.m.: I'll be playing Baritone Sax with the Scott Gwinnell Dectet at the Detroit Institute of Arts, 5200 Woodward Ave., Detroit. It's part of the DIA's 'Sunday Music Bar' concert series, and is a tribute to PEPPER ADAMS, one of Detroit's jazz legends from the 50's-70's. DIA members get in Free, otherwise there is an admission charge. www.dia.org for more info.
2. THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 8:00 p.m.: I'll be playing horns with my group Carl Cafagna & North Star Jazz at Union Cabaret & Grille, 125 South Kalamazoo Mall, Kalamazoo. This is my award-winning 3-horn Detroit sextet, featuring Scott Gwinnell, James Hughes, Jordan Schug, Scott Kretzer and Kalamazoo local (and Western Mich. U. professor) Scott Cowan, one of the Midwest's finest trumpeters. We're taking our high-octane show on the road; love to see some of you there! (269) 384-6756 for more info.; $10. cover charge
3. SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 1:00 p.m.: I'll be Conducting a youth jazz band, the Detroit Symphony Orch. Civic Jazz Concert Band, in concert at the Max Fisher Center 'Music Box', 3711 Woodward Ave., Detroit. The concert will feature 3 different youth jazz ensembles, and offers an exciting sneak-peek into the future of Detroit Jazz! Tickets are $15.; www.dso.org for more info.
4. SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 5:00 p.m.: I'll be Singing & Playing with METRO JAZZ VOICES, Detroit's hottest 4-part harmony vocal ensemble, in a special Fundraiser Vespers Concert at First Unitarian-Universalist Church of Detroit, 4605 Cass Ave., Detroit. We'll offer 2 sets of exciting vocal jazz stylings,with a brief Vespers Service in between; the event ends at 8:00 p.m. Tickets are available Only at http://fuudjazzvespers.eventbrite.com/
Proceeds benefit the church's efforts to update their Sanctuary sound system. Tickets will be More expensive at the door, so please take advantage of the opportunity to order them in advance at the above link! Please consider fitting this special event into your months activities. For more info., please click the above link; there's a tab to contact the Church directly. Hope to see you there!
6. THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 8:00 p.m.: I'll be playing sax with the Scott Gwinnell Jazz Orchestra at Cliff Bells, 2030 Park Ave., Detroit. $5. cover charge; www.cliffbells.com for more info.
Thanks for checking up on Me, folks, and I hope to see you (particularly #4!)
Keep the faith,