As usual, July is FULL of public opportunities to see me perform:
1. FRIDAY, JULY 5, 7:00 p.m.: I'll be singing and playing horns with 'METRO JAZZ VOICES' outside the LIVINGSTON COUNTY COURTHOUSE, 200 E. Grand River Ave., HOWELL MI. A special concert celebrating Americana, with a special tribute to World War 2. FREE and All-Ages. Bring a lawnchair.
2. SATURDAY, JULY 6, 7:00 p.m.: I'll be playing saxophones with 'LOOKIN' BACK', a Bob Seger Tribute Band, at the CADILLAC ROTARY PAVILION, corner of Mitchell St. & Cass St., CADILLAC MI. FREE and All-Ages, and a Fireworks show follows our show.
3. WEDNESDAY, JULY 10, 6:30 p.m.: I'll be playing saxophones & clarinet with the JOHNNY TRUDELL QUINTET at the MT. CLEMENS REC' BOWL, 40 Crocker Blvd., MOUNT CLEMENS MI. Dancing welcome, 21+ Only. Cover charge benefits the Greater Detroit Jazz Society, which presents the concerts.
4. THURSDAY, JULY 11, 11:00 a.m.: on my Birthday, I'll be singing and playing with the 'Bayou River Band' aboard the DETROIT PRINCESS Riverboat, for a Public Lunch Cruise. Docks near Cobo Hall and Hart Plaza, DETROIT. Tickets at www.detroitprincess.com
5. THURSDAY, JULY 11, 7:00 p.m.: second half of a double-header on my Birthday. I'll be playing horns with vocalist RYAN DEHUES at the Mitchell Ampitheater, OWOSSO MI. Bandshell is on the grounds of Owosso Middle School, 219 N. Water St. FREE and All-Ages. Bring a lawnchair.
6. FRIDAY, JULY 12, 6:30 p.m.: I'll be playing Drums and Singing with the 'CARL CAFAGNA & FRIENDS' ORGAN TRIO outside the BRYANT LIBRARY, 22100 Michigan Ave., DEARBORN MI. Also featuring Duncan McMillan, B3 Organ and Colton Weatherston, guitar and vocals. FREE and All-Ages.
7. WEDNESDAY, JULY 17, 6:30 p.m.: I'll make a return to the Mt. Clemens Rec' Bowl with 'METRO JAZZ VOICES'. Again, Dancers welcome, and again 21+ only, and the cover benefitting the Greater Detroit Jazz Society.
8. THURSDAY, JULY 18, 5:00 p.m.: I'll be playing horns with vocalist MERI SLAVEN at 'ALLEY REGALLY', part of Founders Fest., FARMINGTON MI. Under a tent off Grand River Ave., near the corner with Farmington Rd. 21+ only; good food and drinks.
9. FRIDAY, JULY 19, 5:00 p.m.: I'll be singing and playing with 'METRO JAZZ VOICES' at 'ALLEY REGALLY', part of Founders Fest., FARMINGTON MI. Under a tent off Grand River Ave., near the corner with Farmington Rd. 21+ only; good food and drinks.
10. SUNDAY, JULY 21, 1:30 p.m.: I'll be playing Tenor Sax with the 'DETROIT TENORS' at the MICHIGAN JAZZ FESTIVAL, at SCHOOLCRAFT COLLEGE's Vista Tech Center, off Haggerty Rd. between 6-Mile and 7-Mile, LIVONIA MI. We're under a Big Red Tent outside; FREE and All-Ages.