Friday, September 5, 2014
Carl Cafagna's September 2014 Gigs
Greetings folks, and Happy Fall!
Here's what I'm up to in September; love to see some of you out whenever you can!
1. Wednesday, September 3, 6:30-9:30 pm; I'll be playing horns with the Johnny Trudell Quintet at the Rec' Bowl, 40 Crocker Blvd., downtown Mount Clemens MI. Dancing and listening in a relaxed open-air (but covered) environment, with great Barbecue food and drink. Small cover charge benefits the Greater Detroit Jazz Society, a wonderful organization which created this concert series. (586)468-7446 for more info. 21+ only.
2. Saturday, September 6, 8-11 pm; I'll be singing and playing horns with 'METRO JAZZ VOICES' for the Cars, Cigars and Jazz event, which will raise funds for the Dearborn Symphony Orchestra, in Dearborn MI. We'll perform open-air, on top of the Dearborn West Parking Deck, and great food and drink, stogies and impressive autos will abound! What a blow-out, and all for a great cultural cause. Tickets are $35. each. Please visit http://www.carscigarsandjazz.com/ for more info. 21+ only.
3. Sunday, September 7, 2:30-3:30 pm; I'll be playing Drums and singing with the 'Carl Cafagna & Friends ORGAN TRIO' at Villagefest., on Kercheval Ave. near Cadieux Rd., downtown Grosse Pointe MI. There's great live music throughout Saturday and Sunday; more info. at http://www.thevillagegp.com/EventDetail/?event=3950
It's FREE and ALL-AGES!
4. Wednesday, September 10, 7-9 pm; I'll be playing horns with vocalist Paul King as part of the Jazz at the Mill Pond concert series in downtown Brighton MI. FREE and ALL-AGES; bring a chair or blanket.
5. Sunday, September 28, 3-5 pm; I'll be playing with the Scott Gwinnell Jazz Orchestra at the Macomb Center for the Performing Arts, 44575 Garfield Rd., Clinton MI. The SGJO will perform with the Warren Symphony Orchestra, including the premier of exciting new music by Mr. Gwinnell. More info. at http://www.macombcenter.com/
Well there you have it; please come and say hello if you make it out!
Keep the faith