Sunday, January 5, 2014

Carl Cafagna's January 2014 Gigs

Greetings everyone, and Happy New Year!
I hope 2014 is full of great live music for all of you. I hope you'll consider starting it off by coming out to one or more of my gigs this month:

1. WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY, FRIDAY and SATURDAY, JANUARY 8-11; I'll be playing horns & singing at the DIRTY DOG JAZZ CAFE, 97 Kercheval, GROSSE POINTE FARMS MI.  For the first time, I'll be fronting a quartet, the 'CARL CAFAGNA & FRIENDS QUARTET', and I'm excited to have the opportunity to showcase my talents in a more personal fashion in Detroit's most intimate Jazz venue.  There are 2 shows on Wednesday and Thursday, and 3 on Friday and Saturday.  Please check www.dirtydogjazz.com for showtimes and info.  Reservations are a must!  Great food and drink, and I'll be featuring the talents of Bill Meyer, Scott Gwinnell, Shannon Wade, Miles Brown, Jordan Schug, Scott Kretzer and Stephen Boegehold (obviously, just 3 of them at a time!) with my own; we'll be featuring standards from the Great American Songbook.  Hope to see many of you; it's All-Ages!

2. THURSDAY, JANUARY 23, 8:00 p.m.; I'll be playing tenor sax with the 'SCOTT GWINNELL JAZZ ORCHESTRA' at CLIFF BELLS, 2030 Park Ave., DETROIT MI.  Scott's full 16-piece band, back in action and better than ever!  Please see www.cliffbells.com for all info.; 21+ only

3. SATURDAY, JANUARY 25, 3:00 p.m.; I'll be singing & playing horns with 'METRO JAZZ VOICES' at the ROYAL OAK PUBLIC LIBRARY, 222 E. 11-Mile Rd., ROYAL OAK MI.  This is a monthly concert series in a nice intimate venue, the Library Concert Hall.  All-Ages!

4. FRIDAY, JANUARY 31, 6:30 p.m.; I'll be playing horns & singing with the 'BAYOU RIVER BAND' at the HOWELL OPERA HOUSE, 123 W. Grand River Ave., HOWELL MI.  This is part of their 'Acoustic Cafe' concert series, and is another nice intimate concert venue.  Our music is New Orleans-themed.  All-Ages!  Please go to www.theoperahouse.us for all info.

Hope to see you early and often!  Let's make 2014 the year for Live Music in the Midwest!
CARL    

No comments:

Post a Comment